EQT is a purpose-driven global investment organization focused on active ownership strategies, while responsibly investing in, owning and developing companies and real assets. As established in EQT’s articles of association, EQT shall strive to conduct its business in a way that future-proofs companies and has a positive impact with everything we do.
Motherbrain Labs is a multidisciplinary group of technologists who partner directly with EQT’s deal professionals and portfolio executives to provide data-backed, strategic decision support. We work across all of EQT’s business lines — venture capital to public buyouts — and are involved in everything from early stage market analysis to operational decisions on top of portfolio data.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
Labs technologists are a combination of applied data scientist, deal professional, information architect, and researcher. We’re looking for someone who are capable of meeting with deal teams to understand their needs, understand how data can address them, and can present the resulting analysis… ideally in an interactive and engaging fashion. This is a job about communication and collaboration, not arcane computer science wizardry.
As a team we center simplicity and explainability. We don’t build models if they can be taken off the shelf and we don’t build black boxes when a simple algorithm would suffice. Our goal is to use data to affect changes and we believe understandability comes before everything else; we want to work with people who feel the same way.
We expect you to have advanced skills in at SQL, Python data analysis libraries, and encourage familiarity with data storytelling
- Meet with business professionals to understand their problems and where data can meet them
- Source new data to answer these questions and work alongside our data engineers to ingest and normalize it
- Create reusable, documented metrics and transformations based on new or existing datasets
- Analyze data and interatively work with business users to understand implications
- Present final reporting using modern tooling like Hex, Airtable and Softr
Candidate profile & Key differentiators for success
- 4 + years experience in finance or user-facing data roles
- Strong technical skills and ability to run projects sourcing data to presenting results
- Ability to independently build a labs presence and reputation in an office
- Attend and report on business line weekly meetings
- Project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
What's in it for me?
EQT is a well established company that has worked within its field for a long time. Being one of Europe's largest Private Equity firms you will get a stable employer, being proved by EQTs continued growth during the last years of market turbulence. Due to this, EQT offers attractive compensation packages, with an internal career framework giving you the opportunity to grow within the company. It also includes generous pensions, 6 weeks vacation and a great health care allowance. If you have small children, we also offer a domestic allowance program to enable a good work/life balance. There are of course more benefits on top of this, which we would be happy to tell you about when we meet.
Diversity & Inclusion
EQT and Motherbrain is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, functional variation, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with functional variations who would like to request a tour of our accommodation, please reach out.